This position is responsible for delivering exceptional treatments to spa guests in line with SoJo Spa standards, while maintaining excellent five-star client care, cleaning standards and grooming. The massage therapist is responsible for revenue generation through retail, up selling and cross sales to other business centres in the spa.
Who we are
SoJo Spa Club is a renowned Spa and Boutique Hotel located in Edgewater, New Jersey, with a unique blend of multi-cultural experiences across several pools, saunas, therapy rooms and other facilities. SoJo Spa Club’s mission is to enhance the quality of our guests’ lifestyle by providing an unparalleled wellness experience through exceptional service.
What we believe
While we believe that customer experience is the center of our business and we want our guests to leave fulfilled with a feeling that they were taken care of, our people are the critical component of our business. We strive not only to provide our guests a remarkable experience at SoJo Spa Club, but also to promote a company culture of positivity, compassion, and strong work ethics. Our core values are hospitality, excellence, trust, accountability, teamwork, growth and gratitude that form the foundation for employee success.
Our mantra Passion and Compassion 247365 and we take pride in everything we do! We all share responsibility and accountability to the service contract we make with our guests, and, through our commitment to this shared sense of purpose, we inspire each other and create memories with a deeply instilled ethic of personal service to both our guests and team members. If you think this is an exciting opportunity and want to be part of our dynamic team, please apply – we want you on board!
- Perform all treatments at an exceptional standard, as per the SoJo protocols and standards taught in training, while still tailoring to the client’s specific needs.
- Carry out an in-depth consultation with each guest prior to treatment, ensuring that medical history and concerns are identified.
- Perform all treatments in a professional, hygienic, and safe manner for all clients, updating knowledge and attending training when necessary.
- Participate in mandatory training and practical as instructed by the management team.
- Use the correct amount of the products as specified by the manufacturer and the company standard. It should not exceed that amount.
- Maintain linen and product levels in the treatment rooms, ensuring trolleys are stocked, clean and organized as per the spa standards.
- Carry out regular stock rotation within every treatment room and all preparation areas.
- Consistently record guest preferences, accurately updating guest profiles and communicating any relevant information to colleagues.
- Always ensure confidentiality including data protection, medical details and any information provided in confidence by the client.
- Responsible for maintaining daily standards of cleanliness, hygiene and professional presentation of the treatment rooms and therapist preparation areas. Be prepared for daily spot checks and walk-throughs, following up accordingly with management.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the grooming standards.
- Maintain the highest standard of guest service by following SoJo protocols and displaying genuine care and attention to detail.
- Support the Spa Reception Team and spa attendant duties as and when required.
- Receiving effective inductions and ongoing training in line with brand standards.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of Licensed Massage Therapy.
- Must have current massage therapy license in the State of New Jersey, maintaining the status of your license.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including AM and PM shift, holidays & weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to focus attention on customers’ needs and wishes
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make appropriate judgments
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to maintain positive relations and work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to build professional relationships with repeat guests by remembering their names,
- Recognizing them, knowing their individual interests, preferences, and needs.
Any combination of education and experience with a result of a massage therapy license.
Competitive Wages and Benefits
Complimentary Employee Passes
Employee Referral Program
Employee Recognition Programs
Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
Subsidised Employee Meals
"*" indicates required fields